The GDPR is a European Union (EU) privacy law that will affect businesses around the world when it becomes enforceable on May 25, 2018. It regulates how any organization that is subject to the Regulation treats or uses the personal data of people located in the EU. Personal data is any piece of data that, used alone or with other data, could identify a person. If you collect, change, transmit, erase, or otherwise use or store the personal data of EU citizens, you’ll need to comply with the GDPR.
The GDPR will replace an older directive on data privacy and it introduces a few important changes.
View full text here
At MMX Gallery, we are committed to protect and respect the privacy of our clients and customers. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or you provide to us will be processed, shared or transmitted by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If at any point you would like to stop receiving these emails, you can simply unsubscribe or update your subscription preferences by clicking the links at the bottom of any of our emails.
What type of information and data do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information you give us. You may provide us with personal information about you by completing the enquiry forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. You may also provide us with information when you search for a particular service, enquiry a service or product on our website or contact us via the website. We may collect your personal data to inform you of current and future exhibitions and artists. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial and credit card information. We do not have a data base directly of your banking details. These may be stored by third parties payment services.
How do we use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– Information you give to us. We will use this information:
– to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us;
– to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to ensure content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
– Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you of our goods or services which may interest you.
– Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When we may disclose your information to others?
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (i.e. artwork delivery, installation, etc).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
EU Cookie Compliance
Cookies in use on www.mmxgallery.com may be associated with our use of Google Analytics. In common with millions of other websites we use Google Analytics to help us to improve our site by understanding the volume and frequency of visits, the site or search engine by which visitors arrive at our site, and the duration of individual visits. Google Analytics does not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not share our collected data with Google. Read more about Google Analytics or download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Google Analytics places cookies which help us understand how visitors interact with our website
By using our website, you agree that we can place these cookies on your computer. Please refer to your browser’s Help function, or visit www.aboutcookies.org for further details on how to control and delete cookies.
MMX Gallery do not use any other specific cookies on it’s website but internet providers or search engines may use for their analytics.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Examples as follows;
– Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of certain websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
– Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables the website owner to personalise their content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the placing of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the website. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will remain unless the cookie cache is cleared. Unless otherwise indicated above.
Where we store your personal data:
Unfortunately, as you will be aware, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store a data base directly of your banking details. These may be stored by third parties’ payment services.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation You also have the right to revoke or amend any consent you have provided allowing us to store and use your personal data.
If you have any questions about the data we hold about you, please feel free to email us at email@example.com